If you read my post “To Be or Not to be Vegan” then you know this was something I was on the fence about a couple of months ago. Well, needless to say I made the decision to go vegan. I wish I had done this years ago because my body is already functioning and feeling better than it ever has. But I will save that for a different post.
I have been experimenting and creating vegan dishes and this one I am very excited about because it is SO good and SO healthy! I hope you love it!
THE SLIDESHOW BELOW GIVES YOU A GOOD IDEA OF THE PROCESS FROM BEGINNING TO END! I PAIRED MY SOUP WITH A SLICE OF HOMEMADE SOURDOUGH. YUM!
Everything Vegan Soup
This simple vegan soup is low fat, jam packed with nutrients and simple to make! Feel free to substitute with whatever veggies you like but personally I think this combination is best!
⭐️ The best part about this recipe is you really can’t go wrong! So, don’t stress. Just grab your apron, fresh veggies and a cutting board and chef it up!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: Roughly 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50
- Yield: 32 cups 1x
- Category: Healthy Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 3 Medium Red Bliss Potatoes
- 2 Medium White Onions
- 8 Organic Carrots
- 1 Bundle of Green Onions (8)
- 1 Bundle of Kale (16 leafs and stems, cut of the hard stems if you wish)
- 1 Package of Extra Firm Tofu
- 12 Teaspoons “Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base”
- 96 Ounces water
- Sea salt, pepper and Adobo for seasoning
- Cut up all of your vegetables. You want to keep your veggies roughly around the same size. I like to cut them into larger pieces so they maintain their firmness as long as possible for days to come (see images for visuals)
- Measure out 96 ounces of water into a pan and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling add 12 teaspoons of the “Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Base”. Stir and dissolve. This is going to be your broth. Also use this broth to add to your stock pot if you notice the veggies are browning and need some moisture!
- In a separate large stock pot like this one, add the cut up butternut squash, drizzle with olive oil and turn heat to medium.
- Stir the squash every couple of minutes for 8 minutes.
- Add the cut potato and white onion onion to the pot as well as another few drizzles of olive oil to ensure all the veggies are lightly coated.
- Allow the squash, potato and white onion to cook continuously, stirring every few minutes, until you can visually see the potato and squash begin to soften. You can also take a piece out and give it a nibble if you are unsure.
- Once the “crunch” is out of the potatoes and they are medium soft texture add in your carrots, kale and green onion. Once again give a drizzle of olive oil.Stir everything together and continue stirring every few minutes.
- The veggies should be cooked but firm when we add the broth. What I do is take a spoonful out of the stock pot and if the veggies are firm but cooked, I move onto adding the broth.
- Add broth directly to your stockpot and stir.
- Bring to a very light boil and add tofu. At this point you can add Adobo, Salt or whatever seasoning you like until you reach desired taste. Or you can season the veggies while you are cooking them if you would prefer.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- Eat immediately and enjoy while its at its peak freshness or store in an air tight bowl (like these)and let the flavors develop in the days to come. See notes below.
👉 This soup stayed fresh for 10 days which is how long it took us to finish the pot! The flavors really develop as the soup is stored away in the fridge.
👉 This recipe is LOADED with Potassium, Vitamins A,B and C, Calcium, Iron, Fiber and Healthy Fats!
👉 Soup goes great with rice dishes or poured over rice.
- Serving Size: 16 (2 cups)
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: n/a
- Sodium: 537 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: n/a
- Unsaturated Fat: n/a
- Trans Fat: n/a
- Carbohydrates: 18.3 g
- Fiber: n/a
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: n/a
Keywords: Vegan Soup, Easy Vegan Dinner, Easy Vegan Soup, Healthy meatfree soup, Vegetarian soup, DIY Vegan Soup
SheLivesNaturally is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.