Plump up your gorgeous pout with this natural Cinna-mint lip scrub
Thank you for stopping by! I am so PUMPED to share this PLUMPED up lip scrub recipe…..see what I did there? 😏
Everything you need (including a quick video) is in the recipe below. 👇 👇
Product links are all throughout the recipe so you don’t have to go looking for what you need! I also have a product link library (see menu) where you can find links to all the natural ingredients I use and love. Make sure to check out my affiliate info down below. ♥️
PLUMP UP NATURAL LIP SCRUB
Revive your lips with this simple yet effective lip scrub 💋💋💋
Natural oils with a kick of cinnamon and peppermint not only help to remove dead skin; they also help give those lips of yours a little plump!
This recipe filled a 1 ounce tin container which you can see in my short video! So, if you are doing this as gifts and not just for yourself, feel free to triple the recipe. If you’ll notice you can actually increase the ingredient list by clicking the little 2x or 3x on the recipe (upper right corner)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 oz 1x
- Category: Health and Beauty
- Method: DIY
- Cuisine: N/A
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar (doesn’t have to be organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder (doesn’t have to be organic and you can also use cinnamon oil)
- 1 tablespoon pure unrefined Jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E
- 6–10 drops peppermint oil – highly recommend this one for lip scrubs
- Combine organic brown sugar and cinnamon powder
- Mix in jojoba oil and get out any major clumps
- Add vitamin E and 6-10 drops essential oil of your choice (this is optional )
- Combine the ingredients until all the oils have completely mixed in and coated the sugar.
- Spoon into tin containers or glass containers and store in a cool place. I recommend not using your fingers when using this scrub and using either a q-tip or beauty spatula. That way you are not introducing any bacteria into your beauteous scrub and the shelf life will be longer!
I would use this up within a couple of months. When we make preservative free products we need to accept that the shelf life will not be as long.
Due to the cinnamon and peppermint you will notice a slight tingle. These 2 ingredients are what cause the plumping effect for the most part. The truth is, cinnamon and peppermint mildly irritate your lips as well as increase circulation causing a minor swelling effect. If this is something that does not appeal to you then feel free to cross those ingredients off your list and just make the scrub plain. Nothing wrong with that!
Keywords: Lip scrub, DIY Lip scrub, plumping lip scrub, natural lip scrub, lips, diy skincare, lip plumper, cinnamon lip scrub, peppermint lip scrub
SheLivesNaturally is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com